Friday 11th November 2005 by C. Freeman
Brooke Weston City Technology College Hosts the latest Fundraising event for the A-level student Douglas Jenkins on Wednesday 9th November in his bid to raise £ 3,950 on behalf of the Charity Project Trust, that he will be working with on this voluntary Gap Year in South America.
The Fashion Show is supported by ASDA GEORGE, Peacocks and Purple Danti. The clothes will be modelled by college students ranging from year 8 to year 13. The event is not just about clothes! Live music will feature, with performances by Dani Mancini a year 11 student and The Second Coming a year 13 band. Also dancers from year 8 and 10 will also be performing.
Tickets are on sale now, £ 4 available from Reprographics in College.
Project trust is a non-profit making charity. Its main aim is to send young volunteers overseas. The charity has had over 38 years of experience in sending volunteers overseas.
- My name is Douglas Jenkins and I am in year 13 studying my A-levels. I have recently been accepted by Project Trust to go overseas in 2006/2007 to Chile, South America for 12 months.
- My role overseas will include helping teach children in primary or secondary school English and support the local community by getting involved with extra curricular activities and events.
- I chose to take a gap year before going on to university because I feel that the opportunity to spend 12 months overseas in a foreign community helping to teach English to foreign children would be an amazing and rewarding experience.
- I chose to go to a project in Chile, South America because I think that the country and the people are fascinating and also I wanted to improve my Spanish which is the main spoken language there.
- The Charity that I will be working with, Project Trust is an educational non-profit charity and therefore I will need to raise the funds to finance the year.
I have got lots of fundraising events planned and all the information will be put up on display. I want to thank all my friends in year 13 who have helped me a lot in the different events I have planned. I would like to thank Mr Simpson and the College for supporting and working with me to raise the target of £3,950.