Year 11 Work Experience
Our current year 10 students will be undertaking work experience from the 3rd-8th of October 2016 in term 1 week 7.
Why do it?
- Gain an insight into the world of work
- Learn new skills
- Develop your independence
- Boost your CV
- Learn what employers want
How is it going to work?
- Students can select 4 placement options from the prospects online portal. This is on a first come first serve basis.
- Students can find their own placement and fill in an â€˜own placementâ€™ form with a copy of the employers insurance details.
It is important that all students meet the deadlines, these will be published around the school and will be available from the documents section on the website.
Decoding the Portal
- Allocated to student: prospects need to ring them to ask if they will take the student
- Sent to employer: You have the placement. Employers sign there contract- prospects need to chase to get them back
- Approved pending H&S: prospects need to do a health and safety visit
- Approved: Students which have placements secured.
- Declined: Students who have had a placement declined- employers aren't taking on students