The Brooke Weston Trust Admissions Assessment will take place on Saturday 8th December 2018
Application for entry into Year 7 in September 2019
Applications open for the September 2019 entry on 10th September 2018. Parents will be able to apply for secondary school places for September 2019 from this date by applying to School Admissions at Northamptonshire County Council – details on how to apply.
The number of students who are admitted to Brooke Weston Academy will be 180.
Please note as part of the admissions process, all applicants will be required to sit a cognitive ability assessment. All applicants will be placed in one of nine 'stanines' based on the results of the ability test and places will be allocated in a proportion that reflects the national ability range. Further information about the assessment.
Where we receive more applications than we have places, the following oversubscription criteria will be applied - After the admission of children with an EHC Plan where Brooke Weston Academy is named as the appropriate provision, the following criteria will be applied to determine those children that will be offered places within each stanine: The criteria are listed in priority order:
- Children in public care including children who have previously been in public care but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.
- Children of staff where that member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage in the area.
- Children who have an older sibling who is attending the Academy at the point of application and who is expected to be on roll at the point of admission - (See Appendix 1 for definition of 'sibling')
- Children living in Corby and Kettering.
- Other children based on the distance between home and school. Measurements will be carried out on a straight line basis from the child's home to the address point of the school. Home will be determined as the address declared on the Common Preference Form.
If the Admission Number is exceeded within criterion (b), (c) or (d) all places within that year group will be allocated at random in the priority order listed above. The random allocation will ensure that the correct proportions are allocated from each stanine. 50% of the places will be allocated to students from Corby and 50% to students from Kettering. The random allocation will be generated electronically and will be verified by an independent observer to guarantee fairness.
Where there is a large proportion of siblings in an individual stanine, it may not always be possible to admit all siblings within that stanine. It may also not be possible to ensure an exact 50% intake from Corby and 50% intake from Kettering. In this case the remaining places in a stanine will be allocated at random in order to get as close as possible to the 50% intake from Corby and 50% from Kettering.
For further information about admissions, please refer to the Brooke Weston Trust Admissions Policy
Timetable for September 2019 Admissions
|10th September 2018||Online applications open and Information to parents/carers |
|31st October 2018
||Closing date for applications (5.00pm). Applications received after this date will not be processed (until additional rounds of allocations)
|1st March 2019
||Offers made to parents/carers by NCC
|Friday 12th April 2019
||Deadline by which all appeal forms must be submitted by 5.00pm
|18th June 2019
||Appeals lodged before the closing date of 12th April 2019 (5.00pm) will be heard by this date (within 40 school days from the closing date).