Monday 15th July 2019£17,300 per annumw/c 15 July 2019July/August 201937 hours per week
We believe that a handful of years spent at Brooke Weston Academy will open up a lifetime of opportunities for children. We believe that these opportunities are created by inspirational people like you.
We want to appoint an exceptional IT Technician to start at the Academy from July 2019. If this role excites you, please get in touch, or even better, come and visit us. We want to hear from you.
Brooke Weston Academy is unusual, and exceptional. We are an innovative and ambitious 11-18 secondary Academy set in the heart of Corby. We are committed to supporting and challenging our students to reach their full potential, inside and outside of the classroom. Our school was founded 26 years ago in order to transform the education of young people in the community, and we have. Yes, we are outstanding, driven by the needs of our students and our core values. We are never complacent and always restless to improve. Our Academy was born out of the need for change, to be different and innovative; we were designed to be a laboratory of learning in an educational area of disadvantage. We are valued within our community with almost 1000 students applying for the 180 places in year 7 this year. We are proud to be a high performing state comprehensive with a traditional curriculum but one which also highly values the arts, drama, sport and dance. The success of this vision led to the creation of the Brooke Weston Trust and the Brooke Weston Teaching School Alliance with a mission to 'go to the most difficult places and do good'.
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our Academy is:
- Warm, welcoming and inclusive thanks to an incredibly talented team of staff
- A place that lives and breathes its values, with students at the heart of every decision
- A school where students love learning, want to learn and are deeply curious about their subjects: behaviour in our school is exceptional
- Committed to creative and bespoke professional learning for all staff
- An immaculate and professional environment with state of the art facilities, set in a large campus surrounded by beautiful landscape
- A high energy and rewarding place to work
- Highly successful: results in all Key Stages are exceptional and we are incredibly proud of the success we have with our disadvantaged and SEND students.
- Our Academy is in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress and subjects are consistently significantly above the national average
In addition to a fantastic learning environment we offer the following employee benefits:
- A dynamic and supportive staff body led by a highly experienced leadership team
- Breakfast and lunch for all staff in our restaurant
- Subsidised professional gym on site
- Variety of salary sacrifice schemes
A great place to live and work
Corby is a vibrant and growing town in Northamptonshire, reinventing itself from its steel past into a popular commuter town for London. We are surrounded by beautiful countryside and market towns. This is a community that our team love to work and live in.
How to apply
Further details about the Academy, the above position and details of how to apply can be found on our website www.brookeweston.org or by telephoning 01536 396366. Applications may be submitted in writing addressed to the Principal or electronically to email@example.com
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
English and Mathematics GCSE or equivalentEA
Degree or other higher education equivalentDA
Appropriate professional or vocational qualificationDA
Commitment to personal/professional developmentEA/I
Day to day operations of complex ICT systemsEA/I
Practical experience of working in a medium/large organisationDA/I
Experience of working in a customer facing environmentEA/I
Working in an educational organisationDA/I
Network infrastructure EA/I
Security and data Protection MethodologyEA/I
Provision of IT support in an educational settingDA/I
Knowledge of Health & Safety matters pertinent to ICT equipment and installationsEA/I
Ability to establish good working relationships and effective teamworkEI
Willingness to be proactive around school identifying and completing necessary jobsEI
Ability to establish good working relationships and effective teamworkEI
Good oral and written communication skills EI
Ability to multi-task and prioritise EA
Ability to work under pressureEA/I
Excellent organisational skills EA/I
An appreciation of the role that technical support plays in the students' achievement of learning goals EA/I
Ability to generate ideas and drive initiativesEA/I
Highly motivated EI
High expectations of students and colleaguesEI
Enthusiastic and committedEI
A forward-thinking approachEI
A passion for technical systemsEI
Excellent interpersonal skillsEI
Display calmness under pressureEI
Ability to be reflective and self-criticalEA/I
Charismatic - Having a presence EI
Purpose of job
To contribute to the delivery of an effective IT support service throughout the school to respond to identified need, ensure continuity of service and achieve planned reporting objectives and deadlines.
- Contribute to the effective performance and service provision of IT services to minimise disruption.
- As directed, provide user support to identify and respond promptly to IT requests and routine system or process issues that arise within an agreed framework of performance criteria.
- Participate in the collection, collation, processing and storage of data and information to comply with school reporting requirements.
- Maintain the integrity and performance of all systems by use of the appropriate user protocols and assist with related monitoring and reporting.
- Under the direction of a supervisor/senior staff, implement routine manual and computerised systems, practices and procedures to ensure that data and information is current, relevant, effectively and securely collected and that reporting complies with planned outcomes and obligations, reporting any concerns as required.
- Contribute to contingency arrangements to respond to any unforeseen or unplanned circumstances that may arise to maintain the safety and security of data and information, maintain security and minimise disruption.
- To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the level of the post, as may be required from time to time.
Assessment and Reporting
Standard of work will be assessed by the Line Manager and as such the IT Technician will be observed and monitored both formally, through the Trust's Performance Development procedures and informally through daily discussions.
Student Care Role
- The IT Technician will follow the Trust's procedures for student contact & welfare.
- All issues arising from direct or indirect contact are to be taken to the appropriate Academy's Child Protection Officer.
Training and Development
- Training and development will be given to ensure that the IT Technician is able to carry out their job and will play a full and active part in the performance of the Brooke Weston Trust.
The IT Technician will:
- seek to respond to work-related matters within the same working day wherever possible
- represent the Trust in a range of situations including communicating and co-operating with persons or bodies outside the school environment
Discipline, health and safety
All staff share an obligation to maintain good order and discipline among the students and safeguard their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on Academy premises and when they are engaged in authorised Trust activities elsewhere.
Hours of work
The IT Technician is employed for 37 hours per week for 52 weeks per year.
In addition to the specific responsibilities of this post, every member of staff at Brooke Weston will commit to:
- providing a courteous and efficient service to students at all time
- using their influence with other staff and students to promote high standards of behaviour and order within the Academy
- maintaining confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
The IT Technician will be subject to the Brooke Weston Trust's Performance Management arrangements as set out in the relevant policies.
The IT Technician will benefit from an appraisal system modelled on best practice in performance management. They will participate in arrangements for the appraisal of their own performance.
This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the time of drafting. It cannot be read as an exhaustive list. It may be altered at any time in consultation with the post holder subject to the CEO's approval.
Having read the advertisement and explored our website, if you are inspired and motivated to apply for a position at Brooke Weston these are the next steps you need to take:
- Download the following documents: the application form, job description, person specification and departmental details.
- If you meet the requirements outlined in the person specification and feel that you can make a positive contribution to Brooke Weston then we would like to hear from you.
The Application Process:
- Complete all sections of the application form (Parts 1 and 2). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
- Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (12 point text).
Please submit your letter of application and application form either by email or by post to :
Please be aware that if you have not heard from Brooke Weston within four weeks of the advertisement date, your application, has on this occasion, been unsuccessful.